Monday, September 12, 2005

ESCHERESQUES I like Maurits Escher's art. It's hypnotizing, addictive. Here are my own Escheresques: It was my entry for T-shirt logo contest by Pricewatch.com a year ago. Whatever the logo they may have now instead, the price tag for this one is US$5,000, or some $10K worth of good hardware of my choice. Otherwise, here's my proposal of a better logo for PriceSCAN.com, mere $5K buy the concept: I'm working on the draft of Googler logo on the same principle: a carefully morphed Catull's carved capital blue 'G' in the eye, instead of '$' above. Talking about $, naturally, the price will be higher: who's the Pricewatch and who's the Google? After spending a year in cleaning PNG glyphs in fonts for Links-hacked Web browser, I have produced a special "Links" glyph, but this one is GPLed and goes practically for free. Get it from the 'Damn Small Linux' distribution, or Links-hacked site if you are interested. But the CEO of one flourishing antique business owes me Sigma SD10 camera with two good lenses, a C Band satellite dish complete with 4dtv and HDTV boxen, and a good Wacom pro artist's digitizer tablet for another Escheresque monogrammatic logo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home